There is something really magical about the old fashion bar carts from the 60’s that have made a comeback over the last several years. We have a antique wooden bar my husband’s father brought back from China years ago, so I thought I’d share the staples we stock our bar with when we have guest over… let me know if I’m leaving any essential out.
- Fresh flowers (usually something big and bright makes the bar feel inviting).
- A decanter our favorite drink.
- Variety of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic bottles, to offer different drink options.
- A small bowl of ice, make sure not to overfill for when the ice melts.
- At least two tumblers on top, and extra glassware of different sizes on bottom.
- Festive cocktail napkins.
- Small arrangement of books (I prefer vintage books, since it matches the vibe of the chart we have) to create a balance of height and variety with the other items on the cart.
- Stowed away below in the cart I have a stack of small plates of appetizers we might serve, a old deck of cards, and some back up bottles of booze.