One weekend, while away at my in-laws- Chris and I walked into the kitchen to the most amazing smell… My father-in-law had made Lil’ Smokies wrapped in bacon and smothered in brown sugar. My inner Paula Dean screamed with glee and what-ever morning drowsiness (hangover) we had immediately dissipated… so here’s hoping that your won’t need to feed your 4th of July Hangovers tomorrow- but if you do need a little pick-me-up, try these puppies.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Package of Lil’ Smokies
- 1 Package of Bacon (your choice)
- 1 Medium Size Bag of Brown Sugar
- Cut the Bacon into thirds.
- Wrap each Lil’ Smokies individually.
- Arrange in baking pan.
- Smother the Smokies in brown sugar (seriously use the bag if you want- you can’t add to much).
- I let them sit overnight but this step is optional.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Place on papers towels.
- Serve right away.