I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve spent my entire week so far sick in bed, sick, trying practically everything I could to beat the flu. I woke up this morning feeling a tad bit better, which makes me believe that something (besides the NyQuil) had to have worked! So here is my “Sick Girl Survival Guide”, if you have the flu, I feel your pain and I hope you get better soon <3
1. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. I think the worst part about having the flu is the aches and pains. You kind of want to just lay there and move minimally- if you move at all. Chicken broth or Chicken Noodle Soup is my go-to in order to sooth the achy annoyance that comes hand and hand with the flu, and it’s a good possibility that the soup just ends up relaxing your muscles because of the comfort food factor, but this is always my first step in making me feel better whenever I am sick.
2. Comfy Socks. My body temp was running the gauntlet this week, and had more ups and downs than a roller-coaster… but ultimately my solution were comfy socks! But here are my “comfy socks” requirements; they can’t be too thick, or to thin, they have to be that perfect in-between stage, so whether you have the chills or the night sweats, you will stay comfortable.
3. Puppy Cuddles. If your sick, hopefully you have a dog. If you don’t your going to need to borrow one in order to really get the full effect of this survival guide. In all seriousness, having something- kitty, puppy or otherwise will really help. Miss Molly and Maisy spent all day laying next to me in bed and one point was a pillow, blanket and sounding board for all my complaining. I am going to buy them giant bones today for all of her hard work 😉
4. Bubble Bath: Once you finally can roll out of bed, I suggest you hop into the bath. A good soak will ease all your strained muscles and make you smell like roses (or in my case strawberry bubble bath). By the time I was able to make it to the bathtub, I could finally see the light at the end of the horrific-flu-tunnel.
5. Clementine Creamsicle Smoothie. My hubs is pretty adamant that I include plenty of fluids in this post… but water is boring to blog about, so I thought I would introduce you to my favorite healing tool that can hydrate, fill you up, and get you your much needed vitamin C fix! Even if you can’t drink a lot, the Creamscile Smoothie is really refreshing and very tasty.
If you can work all these quick healing tools into a stress-free environment, and watch plenty of Trashy TV… I can almost guarantee that you’ll get well soon! Have a great week everyone!