Summer is the perfect time to give your living space a makeover, especially if you are finding that the heat is driving your family indoors more often than you might like. Creating a Bohemian vibe relaxes a room which helps you maintain style even when summer soirees and travel are keeping you from picking up quite as often as in the colder months. Boho is about adding personality to your space without pretension, and you can do it easily with these 10 steps
It wouldn’t be summer without a pool party, right?! But really, the hardest part of styling a home for a family are bringing in real life portraits and photos while still maintaining a clean aesthetic. I think I found a very cool solution and her name is Nina Nolte, whose realistic acrylic painting capture the full essence of a photography but still maintains a really cool fluid feel.
Burgers say summer to me and this Portobello Peach Burger has completely stolen my heart! I would never think to pair peach and mushroom, but this amazing burger combination has inspired me to conjure an entire menu based on it fruity and savory flavors! Personally, I would drop the idea of fries with this meal and substitute them with these amazing Smoked Paprika Potatoes, and then for a light dessert I’d serve Raspberry and Mango Sorbet topped with berries and creme. Sounds good right?!
When my bestie asked me to be her Matron of Honor, I was thrilled to say the least. Instantly I screamed with joy, and about 10 seconds later, I started planning the Bachelorette Party. I was determined to make this a memorable fling before the ring and here’s a peek as to how it all unfolded.
I’d love to say our fun weekend magically came together with the snap of my fingers, but it didn’t. It took months of prep and careful consideration about what I thought the Bride wanted. So here’s a handful of things I needed in order to create the ultimate Bachelorette Party.
We all want to “look like a million bucks”, but the truth is, less than 7% of the American population can literally pull that off. Those of us in the other 93% can only aspire to owning a closet full of $200 t-shirts and $1600 pumps, but if you really evaluate the kind of money it would take to emulate exactly your favorite celeb, do you really WANT to spend that kind of money on clothing and accessories?
If you’ve visited Oceanside, California 10 (heck even 5) years ago, you haven’t been to Oceanside, California. The culture, local attractions, and most of all, the food have dramatically changed in the last several years. So much so, that these little craft restaurants are taking home some of the most prestigious titles for food and (my husband’s favorite) craft beer. So logically, it’s been a longtime goal of ours to turn Coast Highway into one our favorite past times, The Ultimate Food Crawl.
The seasons are changing, and instead of getting outdoors and enjoying the sunshine and milder temperatures, you may find yourself standing in front of your closet stressing over your spring and summer wardrobe. How on earth can you possibly enjoy outdoor activities without the proper attire?
First of all, there’s no need to fret. Sunshine makes everyone look better, so you’ve already got that going for you. But, if you’re looking to look good all summer long without breaking the bank, here are 10 pieces worth your investment. They’ll pay you back by lessening your style stress.
Okay, so you’ve just spent 8 to 12 weeks blissfully sleepless, catering to the every need of a tiny, helpless human being that has you totally wrapped around his or her finger. Even if you told your supervisor at work that you would be checking email frequently, you’ve probably only done it once or twice, and that was only because you needed a break from reading “Little Blue Truck” or “I Love You, Stinkyface” for the 8 millionth time. Your shower routine is a little….off…and your eyebrows have developed their own special arch (which looks nothing like an arch).
Everywhere I looked this past weekend, I’ve found inspiration. From the food on my plate to the sunset in the sky I’ve used color, texture and patterns as my muse. Speaking to this, my crew and I have been busy planning a fun Palm Springs inspired photo shoot and we’ve taken to Instagram to find incredible inspiration!
We are heading out on our first big family vacation and one the most stressful parts of family travel happens before you ever leave home. Packing can be a process, as you want to make sure that you don’t forget anything essential for the kids or yourself. Here’s how I’ve tackled the process, feel free to use our handy family packing guide to make sure that you get these essentials into your bag